Friday, January 30, 2015

A Further Flaw: Charles Baker’s New Jersey Campaign Contribution was Legal

A Further Flaw: Charles Baker’s New Jersey Campaign Contribution was Legal

In my post earlier this morning, I noted that New Jersey’s auditor decided that Governor’s Baker’s campaign contribution didn’t violate the law because Mr. Baker wasn’t involved in managing the relevant fund.  When I went back to David Sirota’s original reporting on this story[1], I was reminded that Mr. Baker worked on portfolio companies owned by the fund (VI) that New Jersey invested in.  In other words, the auditor’s opinion is on even weaker ground than I suggested.




[1] http://pando.com/2014/05/13/revealed-christie-officials-put-pension-cash-into-fund-that-backed-donors-companies/

No comments:

Post a Comment